Today is worse than some of snout's famous newsfloods, really! Well, another game, another newspost.. The latest entry for MSXdev'08 is called: Hose Diogo Martinez: The Bussas Quest! This 'typing game' is developed by Muffie, known for his flood of ports in the past few months. For the crazy story behind this game, please read the manual. The game comes as a 16KB ROM, with manual and ROM label, requirements are 32KB RAM.

Relevant link: MSXdev'08 website

Comments (15)

By viejo_archivero

Paragon (1395)

viejo_archivero's picture

31-01-2009, 17:35

"Today is worse than some of snout's famous newsfloods, really!": lol

By LeandroCorreia

Paladin (955)

LeandroCorreia's picture

31-01-2009, 19:15

If the word "Bussas" means what I think, I wonder what would be the reaction of our fellow MSXers if they knew it. Wink

By muffie

Paladin (933)

muffie's picture

31-01-2009, 20:31

Calm down LeandroCorreia, the guy who can create graphics for msx...
Err... you're not the guy who prefer to play Jungle Hunt with slowdowns? Err... never mind.
Are you aware that your boyfriend has not created and/or cracked a similar game? And that he would never ever submit anything to msxdev because everyone can download the submitted games FOR FREE!!? Do you know that?
The word means whatever you want it to mean. Maybe a châteu?

www.bussas.com/images/map.jpg

And, probably your English is not good enough to know what my nickname means, right?

By muffie

Paladin (933)

muffie's picture

31-01-2009, 20:43

BTW:

Game Facts:
===========

Your name is Hose Diogo Martinez.
You was born in Santiago Chile. 70's.
Your father is unknown.
Now you live in Pouso Alegre.
You work at Packard Bell R&D labs
You date a purses designer called: Karin Violetear
You bought her another apartment, so she can create her purses in peace
She invited a friend of her to share the new apartment
You're paying for her (and his) expenses

Goal:
=====

Her friend create a special lock into her apartment.
It's the:

-> Iron Gear Monster Typewriter <-

You have to be skilled enough to score more than 1.000 points to
unlock her apartment.

Iron Gear will not inform you of your points during the quest.

You'll not know your reaction when the door is open.

Good Luck fellow. You'll need it.

By lionelritchie

Champion (439)

lionelritchie's picture

31-01-2009, 22:06

the game is too easy in normal, should have less time.
and you should die instead of just skiping the letter.

By muffie

Paladin (933)

muffie's picture

31-01-2009, 23:08

Hmmm, maybe for msxdev'09

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5596)

JohnHassink's picture

01-02-2009, 00:06

It's too dark here to properly see the keys of the black keyboard I'm using!

So I keep paying but not getting any! Such a sucker I am. Tongue

By LeandroCorreia

Paladin (955)

LeandroCorreia's picture

01-02-2009, 00:25

[To all non Portuguese speakers... "Bussa" COULD be a play on a Brazilian foul-word for uh... a female body part... That's why I did that comment]

Muffie, perhaps you're right, my English is so bad that I can't understand why a comment about your game could spark your talk about my English, Slotman, MSX conversions, my graphic skills etc.

And Muffie, I feel obliged to tell you... I'm a straight guy, so you don't need to worry about me and Slotman or any other man... I guess that you have a clear path in front of you to tell Slotman your real feelings toward him (don't deny you love the guy: I can't remember a single topic in which he's not mentioned by you). Good luck. Wink

And sorry to all. I don't intend to start a flamewar in here. I'll have more fun playing the new MSXDev games. Big smile

By muffie

Paladin (933)

muffie's picture

01-02-2009, 01:28

@DemonSeed: ROFLOL ROFLOL ROFLOL ROFLOL ROFLOL ROFLOL ROFLOL ROFLOL ROFLOL !!!

That's exactly the spirit of Hosé Diogo Martinez, born in Chile!

By mtini

Expert (114)

mtini's picture

01-02-2009, 18:54

Muffie, GREAT GAME, please made a SEQUEL.

By lionelritchie

Champion (439)

lionelritchie's picture

01-02-2009, 19:12

now it is official:
leandro wants to date muffie.

By pitpan

Prophet (3145)

pitpan's picture

02-02-2009, 08:37

Am I missing something or the correct name would be José Diego Martínez? Anyway, congratulations for the bizarre plot! Wink

By muffie

Paladin (933)

muffie's picture

02-02-2009, 15:31

Well, ITS ALL FICTIONAL! ANY SIMILARITIES WITH ANYONE OR ANY STORY SHOULD BE PURE COINCIDENCE!

So, it's really
HOSE not José, Josefino, Jefferson, etc...
DIOGO not Daugo, Deigo, Diego, Dougui, Doug, etc...
MARTINEZ not Martinica, Morticia, Martins, Morbid, etc...

AGAIN, IT'S NOT TRUE!!! NOT BASED ON A TRUE STORY, IT'S ALL FICTIONAL! I DON'T KNOW ANYONE that could possible pay for his girlfriend to live alone with another guy on other apartment...

That's it.

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5596)

JohnHassink's picture

05-02-2009, 00:09

You have to be skilled enough to score more than 1.000 points to unlock her apartment.
...I mean, c'mooooon, you sadist! Tongue

By muffie

Paladin (933)

muffie's picture

05-02-2009, 18:29

Maybe I can work on a patch to reduce that to 100 points.
Smile